Saturday is normally our shopping day. First we visit the street market in Almoradi, have a nice coffee and a second breakfast in a café bar and then do the grocery shopping in a nearby supermarket. So far so good. We have done the same this Saturday and as we came back at midday the wind grew slowly stronger. And then came a gust – but what a gust. The rain didn’t come down, it was pushed horizontally by the wind. In these 1-2 minutes my husband’s amateur radio antenna came down.
Luckily with help of 2 friends the antenna got sorted out and Helmut can now start with new antenna designs. The tower needs some work, but all is manageable and shall be done next week. Instead of working on my quilts I helped to clear the antenna “disaster” and did a lot of sweeping around the house. I didn’t know that pine trees can have so many needles that fall down.
I have some unfinished stuff and I am working hard to get it done :
- Second quilt for my mum’s armchair and some new cushion covers for the living room
- Blocks for a new quilt – using The Birds and The Bees Collection from Tula pink
- Custom quilt with a Pinwheel design – using Notting Hill Collection by Joel Dewberry
- Preparing the Swoon pattern for a quilt as you go project
- And not to forget my UFOs, that I want to finish this year (need to find them as they are well hidden in the closet)
Enough work for the coming days, take care and happy quilting,