There were some nice emails waiting for me when I came back home from Prague. Avis from Oh Sew Tempting had nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. That was really smashing news. Avis is a very busy blogger with lots of nice ideas and understandable tutorials. I wish I would be as hard-working on my blog and quilts as she is on hers.
First I had to come back to “normal life” – look what happened the last week at work, do some normal woman work at home and go shopping, help the gardener, groom the dog… Also my husbands son is here for a week. After dealing with all the different obligations, I have finally got time to write a new post.
To accept the nomination for the Kreativ Blogger Award I have to give price of my “seven secrets”. Well, here they are:
- I love to live in Spain. After leaving my home town of Prague I have lived in Germany and the UK, but Spain is definitely my favorite European land.
- I like travelling, but over the years I got a bit lazy and stay rather at home. Time for a change!!
- I am fond of gardening – did this successfully in northern Europe. But in our garden we have only solid rock and gardening has become a very hard job.
- Trying to be a vegetarian – but a nice Angus steak tastes sooooooooooooo good
- Get the grip to write this blog more regularly and finish my started pdf tutorials.
- Joining a “dog school” with Strubbel was one of my good decisions this year
- Sometimes spending too much time on the computer and internet
Another part of the nomination is to link with my favorite blogs:
- Oh, Fransson ! – I think Elizabeth is very talented, knows how to work with colors and fabrics. Her tutorials are very well written and I admire here free-motion quilting style
- a stitch in dye – Malka has incredible colors, here fabric design is one of my favorite. But I was not fast enough to order fabrics from her latest collection
- lillalotta – Anna does perfect custom tapes/labels for quilts. Here illustrations and paintings are just wonderful
- Quilts of Hope – Deborah does a super job. By donating a patchwork block and Deborah’s commitment, you can help girls in Romania
- Teaginny Designs – Alex has wonderful ideas, combines perfectly patchwork blocks with quilting patterns
- Dianajessie – bags and purses + lot more ideas
- Fibra Creativa – a patchwork blog from Spain
Next time maybe some info about the Prague Patchwork meeting.
Happy Easter and till the next time, Barb
Thank you Barb 🙂 I’ll take a look at your nominee’s blogs over the next couple of days. I’ve been working on a sewing case today. It is finished but I can’t take photos as it is now dark 😦 I wish there were 48 hours in a day!
The same with me – somehow I miss a few hours a day as well as you !!